    screen. At times, I will be unable to type anymore, but I can still
    send the message. What is wrong?
    Thanks for your help.

    Arnold H. Hollander, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Arnold H. Hollander

    Duane Arnold Guest

    When this happens can you start up another application such as Word or
    Notepad and type?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 24, 2004

  3. It happens in word as well. I haven't used word on this pc for a long
    time. Any ideas?
    Thanks again.

    Arnold H. Hollander, Oct 24, 2004
  4. Arnold H. Hollander

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I have a Dell OptiPlex GX1P desktop computer that I have had since 2000,
    which I brought from the company I worked for dirt cheap when the company
    was brought out. It has had either Win 2K Pro or XP Pro on the computer and
    the keyboard would lock in the middle of typing as your machine is doing.
    There was supposed to be a patch from Dell to correct the problem. But I
    never got around to installing the patch. My solution was to unplug the
    keyboard and plug it back in and that would fix the problem so that I could
    continue to type. It didn't happen that often but always at the wrong time
    it seems. The machine now has Linux on it and it has not come up as of yet.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 24, 2004
  5. Arnold H. Hollander

    Ant Guest

    Check you haven't picked up a key logger.

    Ant, Oct 25, 2004