    From: Joe Smith
    Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:30 AM
    To: John Jones
    Subject: My Subject

    Any ideas?

    Thank you in advance.

    NJ, Nov 28, 2006

  2. NJ

    Evan Platt Guest

    Have your 'end user' get a real e-mail client?

    Or is this someone who's paying you for support, you can't figure it
    out so you're coming here looking for help? :)

    Evan Platt, Nov 28, 2006

  3. NJ

    NJ Guest

    Not an option. This is in a corporate environment using Outlook &
    Exchange.

    I do Desktop Support for my employer and I am asking for assistance.
    But I uninstalled IE 7 and that resolved the issue. But, thank you
    for your help.

    NJ, Nov 28, 2006
  4. NJ

    NJ Guest

    I uninstalled IE7 and that resolved the issue.

    NJ, Nov 28, 2006
  5. NJ

    Gordon Guest

    As a retired Management and Systems Accountant I get absolutely boggled
    all the time by the sheer numbers of people who feel they need to print
    emails. When will people get it through their thick heads that Outlook
    is a FAR FAR better filing system than any paper-based one? I used to
    have a boss who would religiously print out EVERY single email he
    received and then read them from the paper copy, and then bin them!
    Ridiculous!

    Gordon, Nov 28, 2006
  6. NJ

    Leythos Guest

    As the head of IT for several companies, I still see that type of thing
    in some older folks that don't like using computers :)

    Leythos, Nov 28, 2006
  7. NJ

    Evan Platt Guest

    No offense, but I don't trust anyone who says "Outlook" and "Far Far
    Better" in the same sentence, unless of course, it's "There are TONS
    of things far far better than outlook".

    Evan Platt, Nov 28, 2006
  8. NJ

    Leythos Guest

    If using Outlook with Exchange, there is nothing better on the market or
    open source at this time.

    Leythos, Nov 28, 2006
  9. NJ

    Gordon Guest

    I was comparing, if you read my post properly, Outlook and paper-based
    files. Of course there are better Email clients than Outlook.
    ANY modern electronic storage is FAR FAR better than paper-based filing
    systems!

    Gordon, Nov 28, 2006
  10. NJ

    Gordon Guest

    Hmm - I feel a slight raised eyebrow at that. Exchange is no different
    to any other mail server when it comes down to email - the advantage
    Exchange has over other server apps is that it is the only one (AFAIK)
    with which Outlook Calendars and Tasks can be shared....and that is a
    specific Outlook advantage, as of course there are other server apps
    that will share Calendars and tasks, but not with Outlook....

    Gordon, Nov 28, 2006
  11. NJ

    Leythos Guest

    Not when it comes to Outlook and Exchange. If we're talking POP/IMAP,
    then everything is better than Outlook.

    Leythos, Nov 28, 2006
  12. NJ

    why? Guest

    Continue to ask your tech support department first, this NG isn't them
    (ditto to homework questions).

    Me

    why?, Nov 28, 2006