    sinister going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up but
    I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Muse Groups, Nov 5, 2009

  2. TCPVeiw will tell you whats connecting out.
    Run that and toggle the icon that looks like a little fork to shut off
    the local connections showing.

    HTH

    --

    www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \[email protected]_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~

    §ñühw¤£f, Nov 5, 2009

  3. Muse Groups

    thanatoid Guest

    Unless you go to a VERY simple site run by one person or a small
    group, the ads, popups, banners, Google spyware, etc etc can
    make as many connections - even if for a moment - as you can
    think of. Big Google (and others) are watching. SO it is NOT
    unusual to have an insane amt. of connections to ONE page on ONE
    site.

    You should use a firewall which shows who is connected and how
    much traffic goes which way. That's how I found out most larger
    (in the worst sense of the word) sites use Google analytics to
    keep track of everything, or whatever the hell it is they do...

    Still it is not a bad idea to also have a network connection
    program running (there is one included with Windows and there
    are many others). The problem is the info can be a little
    overwhelming and make you overly paranoid.

    thanatoid, Nov 5, 2009
  4. Muse Groups

    chuckcar Guest

    And The url that you are going to at the time is?

    chuckcar, Nov 6, 2009
  5. Muse Groups

    why? Guest

    You didn't mention any of the addresses, sites.
    On a fairly standard page, there will be the - host in the URL, image /
    news / ads / / 4rd party sites , Google analytics , all sorts of stuff.
    Look at what you have in the way of connections before jumping in the
    deep end straight to malware.
    Possibly, won't hurt.
    Me

    why?, Nov 6, 2009