    All good stuff....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Sep 28, 2007

  2. Speaking of which, here's <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=829> another
    interesting Vista problem, where it hits an out-of-memory error trying to
    copy a modest number of files (about 16,000). There's also a memory leak
    where just selecting about 1500 files in Dimdows Explorer will cause you to
    lose memory.

    No sign of fixes for these in SP1...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 28, 2007

  3. thingy

    Fred Dagg Guest

    You just realise it's some nutter's blog, don't you?

    Fred Dagg, Sep 28, 2007
  4. Yeah, Fred has so much more credibility.

    Mark Robinson, Sep 28, 2007
  5. thingy

    Fred Dagg Guest

    More than you and some ranting blog combined, pal.

    Fred Dagg, Sep 28, 2007
  6. Classic.

    Mark Robinson, Sep 28, 2007
  7. thingy

    peterwn Guest

    Fred is having trouble defending Vista (just like a Ford fan in the
    1950's would have had trouble defending the Edsel) that Fred is having
    to resort to pesonal attacks.

    Problem for the likes of Fred etc is that people are coming to realise
    that there are other options available than being locked in with a
    convicted monopolist (as least as far as the EU is concerned). It
    does not help either when Microsoft has indicated that no commitment
    to OOXML as a standard (if it ever does become a standard) but will
    keep changing and extending the format as it thinks fit and to hell
    with everyone else.

    peterwn, Sep 28, 2007
  8. thingy

    Fred Dagg Guest

    It wasn't a personal attack. I was pointing out it was a blog! You
    were quoting a blog!! You were carrying on as if it was some great
    source of indisputable wisdom - news flash, it was just some nutter's
    blog!
    Meh.

    Fred Dagg, Sep 29, 2007
  9. thingy

    sam Guest

    But was it a fair opinion, or do you believe that Microsoft's products
    are beyond criticism ?

    sam, Sep 29, 2007
  10. thingy

    peterwn Guest

    Have you thought of going into politics, Fred? Your comment has the
    same sort of weasel words that politicians use.

    peterwn, Sep 30, 2007