    machine. Del, Delete, and Erase all work on single files- but I can't delete
    a directory- without having the Y/N prompt. And I want to script it. The /y
    switch doesn't work. And google doesn't know- anyone have a clue?

    Kat, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Kat

    Neil Guest

    have you tried RD? offline...

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Kat

    Neil Guest

    del *.* /q /f should do you...

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  4. If the directory is empty, use RD <dirname>. If it's not empty, you have to
    empty it first, I believe. DelTree isn't working.

    Just remember those good old DOS 6.0 days!

    dwilson

    Daniel Wilson, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Kat

    Kat Guest

    Deltree, del, and erase don't work. And the Dir isn't empty- has several
    levels of files/dir's.

    I have found a work around though, seems to work ok.

    Thank you Neil:) It was a dumb question, but with 480 open tech calls over
    here, I really don't have time to play around with stuff :(

    Looking forward to princess :D

    Kat, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Kat

    Neil Guest

    in a batch file:
    del *.* /s /f /q
    rd pathofdir /s /q

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  7. Um, how about "rd [dirname] /s" ?

    The "/s" switch will delete non-empty directories.

    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Jun 24, 2004
  8. Oops:

    rd [dirname] /s /q to suppress the confirmation prompt, also.

    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Jun 24, 2004
  9. Kat

    Spyke Guest

    Or just

    rd pathofdir /s/q

    Spyke, Jun 24, 2004
  10. Kat

    Jtyc Guest

    Just remember those good old DOS 6.0 days!

    Y'all should just purchase a copy of XTree Gold!

    Jtyc, Jun 24, 2004
  11. Kat

    Neil Guest

    yup....

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  12. Kat

    Neil Guest

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!
    memories....
    *fuzzy screen image*
    <reminisant.wav>
    "ok I have to Comp Surf this drive. you need to low level that one"
    "can I use DiskManager or am I stuck with debug"
    "dunno what controller is that"
    "it's an Omti"
    "SH!T, yer stuck with debug"
    "DOS 3.2 install after?"
    "yup and its got the AST Rampage in it so through on the QuarterDeck
    thing"
    "what QEMM?, what's that for anywho?"
    "I dunno, something for big 1-2-3 spreadsheets or something."
    <reminisant.wav>
    *screen clears*

    *shudder*
    yeewwwwwwww, that was painful....

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  13. Kat

    Kat Guest

    Umm.. What????

    Kat, Jun 24, 2004
  14. Kat

    Jtyc Guest

    Umm.. What????

    Stop making us feel old.

    Jtyc, Jun 24, 2004
  15. Kat

    Neil Guest

    frickin kids....

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  16. Kat

    Neil Guest

    but don't stop feeling us...

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  17. Kat

    Spyke Guest

    Sheesh, did you hafta remind me about all that. Now I'm starting to miss
    all those countless hours of tweaking an extra byte of memory under 640K
    with QEMM..

    Spyke, Jun 24, 2004
  18. Kat

    Neil Guest

    then you will LOVE this...

    http://www.bricklin.com/visicalc.htm

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004
  19. Kat

    Spyke Guest

    Spyke, Jun 24, 2004
  20. Kat

    Neil Guest

    and my //e had.....wait for it....32k of RAM....wait....AND 2 disk
    drives...(no drive swappin for me...not to mention my nifty copy of
    ProDOS 1.0)

    Neil, Jun 24, 2004