    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

    ~misfit~, Aug 30, 2013

  2. ~misfit~

    bugalugs Guest

    Thanks for that but DHAM, DAHM, DAMM and any other way you can spell it.

    There goes my F1 viewing.
    Looks like they have taken out a lot of stuff already. Over the last few
    weeks I had been leaping in at 11.30 on a Friday to build up some of
    that free credit.

    bugalugs, Aug 30, 2013

  3. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    What is the expression on a T shirt, life is tuff and then you die.

    Personally, it appears that I have missed something. Never heard of Formula 1
    as in torrents. Bugger!

    Gordon, Aug 30, 2013
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Yeah, TheBox was the place to get the F1 coverage. They'd have the torrents
    up within an hour of the race finishing - often sooner!

    Not only that but F1 was 'neutral' - you didn't need to seed it back to 1:1
    as long as you *did* seed it for a minimum of 48 hours over the next week or
    so. (I think it was 48 hours...)

    So, like bugalugs I'm at a total loss as what to do about my F1. It's really
    hard to seed it back 1:1 as I don't wait up to download it, I get it the
    next morning. By then pretty much everyone's got it and you're lucky if you
    can seed a tenth of it back!

    DHAM!
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 30, 2013
  5. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    kat no good?

    Bret, Aug 30, 2013
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ?
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 31, 2013
  7. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    Bret, Aug 31, 2013
  8. ~misfit~

    bugalugs Guest

    bugalugs, Aug 31, 2013
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thank you kindly, I shall peruse the site further. ;-)
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 1, 2013
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    :-( Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a 'please
    fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner of the browser -
    where there's no field? Everything is filled in correctly, re-set the
    CAPTCHA five times.

    Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 1, 2013
  11. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have any
    share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

    Bret, Sep 1, 2013
  12. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ok, handy to know - Thanks.
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 2, 2013
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL. nice.

    (And oh so true for people living in poverty. Now and then you get a bit of
    'light' (b'day gift, sell a valued possession.... ) but it's not long until
    you're back in the tunnel, unable to deviate from the confines of a
    restrictive budget.)
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 2, 2013
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    If you've watched any of those F1 torrents.... Do you know if they have
    'Hannibal' on the screen from time-to-time?

    (Hannibal is a... errr, was a 'TheBox' capper who got pretty much every F1
    session broadcast in the UK. Often his caps would then migrate to other
    trackers. Just wondering - if that *is* the case and TheBox is down then....
    You know.)

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Sep 2, 2013
  15. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    No sorry, no idea.

    Bret, Sep 2, 2013
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Oh, I just found out that SceneTime has a large amount of F1. I'm a member
    but have hardly used it in the past.

    BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups right
    now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 4, 2013
  17. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    Can you tell me why I need to use a invite only torrent site?
    Honest question cos I have no idea :)

    Bret, Sep 4, 2013
  18. ~misfit~

    bugalugs Guest

    Thank you Shaun

    bugalugs, Sep 5, 2013
  19. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    IME they tend to have far more torrents available than 'free' sites that let
    people hit'n'run. Uploaders feel appreciated so tend to go the extra
    mile.....

    That's been my experience anyway - although keeping the ratio at or above
    1:1 can be difficult.
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 5, 2013
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    You're more than welcome my friend. They have a handy system where you get
    'points' for seeding torrents - even if nobody's leeching. Then you can
    trade your points for upload credit. I find it handy as, by the time I get a
    torrent everyone's already got it (being in the opposite time-zone to most
    users).

    So I suggest you get a new, small popular torrent (even if you don't want to
    watch it) and seed it as much as you can - build up credit for F1 races.
    Shame there's one this weekend... Hopefully you can get it elsewhere (kat?)
    so that you don't go straight into deficit. ;-)

    Be well,
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 5, 2013