OT : Is HP still socially responsible ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mark_hpq, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. mark_hpq

    mark_hpq Guest

    Seen in "La Tribune" of October 3 2005 :

    Is HP still socially responsible ?

    Dominique Biedermann, general manager of Ethical fund Ethos :

    As long term investor, we analyze companies globally.
    Today, Hewlett-PAckard must justify these layoffs because
    they affect sites which mainly do profits.
    Where is the coherence of such a strategy ?
    Of course the IT market changes but this is not new :
    HP could have invested in new activities instead of
    killing so many jobs.
    How can one speak of responsible developpement seeing
    these conditions ?
    (...)
    I also think that a law should limit exercising stock
    options while work force reduction plans are active
    so that high managers keep their credibility by not
    taking profit of the raise of the stock.

    More info :

    http://cftchp.blogspot.com/
    http://hpwfr.blogspot.com/

    mark_hpq, Oct 3, 2005

  2. mark_hpq

    JF Mezei Guest

    BBC reported the huge one day strike in France. They mentioned HP
    specifically when discussing job cuts as an example of large
    corporations cutting jobs.

    JF Mezei, Oct 5, 2005