    connected via VPN?

    Seems like there's some keystroke combination that is the functional equivalent
    of Ctl+Alt+Delete... but I can't recall it.

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 4, 2006

  2. Ben M. Schorr - MVP, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Per Ben M. Schorr - MVP:
    That gives me an option to disconnect and an option to logoff - but nothing to
    reboot.

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 4, 2006
  4. Per (PeteCresswell):
    Also... I tried opening up a .CMD window and issuing:

    ShutDown -r -m \\pcresswell-02.corp.seic.com

    Nothing happened when I tried it in the remote session, then I tried opening up
    ..CMD on my home office PC and issuing it there. I suspect that was the proper
    usage because it came back with "Access is denied.".

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 4, 2006
  5. Per Ben M. Schorr - MVP:
    I think I've got it: Ctl+Alt+End.... only problem is that when I select
    Shutdown/Restart, nothing happens.... -)

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 4, 2006
  6. (PeteCresswell)

    Guest Guest

    Click Start, Windows security, shutdown.
    Unless you're an administrator - no chance to reboot the remote server
    ( and the shutdown choice won't appear at all )
    --PA

    Guest, Jul 4, 2006
  7. Are you able to put files remotely on that machine? If so, first go to
    www.grc.com and download a program called "Wizmo" from there and then send
    it to the server. Put it in the WINDOWS (or however you have it named) dir.
    Make a shortcut to it and put that shortcut on the desktop of the server.
    Now right click and select Properties and in the "target" line it should
    have C:\WINDOWS\wizmo.exe there. Change it to
    C:\WINDOWS\wizmo.exe reboot! (keeping in mind to change WINDOWS to whatever
    dir name you use). Now just OK that and double click on that shortcut. This
    prog FORCES a reboot. You can change "reboot!" to "shutdown!" and force it
    to shut down, too.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 5, 2006
  8. (PeteCresswell)

    mberg

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Start > Run > msconfig > OK > restart

    mberg, Apr 25, 2011
  9. (PeteCresswell)

    Batch

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Open a command prompt and type 'shutdown -r -t 00'

    You can change the -r to -s to shutdown

    Batch, Jul 11, 2012
  10. (PeteCresswell)

    staffwriter

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I tried Batch's solution: command prompt and type 'shutdown -r -t 00'
    It worked to a point: the remote computer logged off, restarted, opened a ":disclosure" page at the remote site, then started the Microsoft "Welcome"--and there it froze.
    It just kept on the "Welcome" page, with an hourglass spinning, and would not advance from there. I had to call in a request for a tech to reboot the computer on the remote site.
    Any thoughts?

    staffwriter, Feb 8, 2013