    I'm not a graphics designer by career so I don't get my money out of it.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 9, 2005

  2. I'm left-handed but through a ball with my right...and no I don't throw like
    a girl hahaha. I also hold eating utensils with the right, but have to
    write with my left. My oldest brother is right-handing and throws with his
    left. Maybe it is common, I don't know.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Don Stauffer

    Cynicor Guest

    I've been using one for a couple of years now. (I'm currently using the
    HP TC1100.) They come in different models - some are slate-only without
    keyboard, some have a keyboard that can hide under an attached screen.
    My HP is a "convertible" - it has an attached keyboard that can be
    detached. You can use keyboard and mouse as normal, and you can use the
    pen as a high-resolution pointing device. (It is FAR higher-res than a
    mouse.) It's probably, oh, $2000.

    Since I'm an editor, it is PERFECT for my workflow. I can get an article
    as a PDF, mark it up with pen, and send it right to the printer in my
    office, hundreds of miles away. I no longer have to mark up hardcopy.

    It's also useful for photos, obviously.

    Cynicor, Sep 9, 2005
  4. Don Stauffer

    Mark² Guest

    No...You're a freak, plain and simple.
    :)

    Mark², Sep 10, 2005
  5. Don Stauffer

    ½ Confused Guest

    And some folks think *I* get confused... ;o)

    Jeff

    ½ Confused, Sep 10, 2005
  6. That's the type of system I was thinking of, Cynicor. I'm surprised it is
    only $2,000 (usd?) because when I first looked into them they were easily
    double that price. The price has fallen which is good. How would you compare
    it to a regular say 2 pound laptop? Are that advantages that much better?
    somewhat better? not that much difference just a matter of personal
    preference?

    I'm in the market for a new laptop and was looking to spend over $2,000
    anyway so if the tablet computers are advantagous over laptops I may was
    well go for one of those.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 10, 2005
  7. Thanks so much, Mark! I've always stood out from the majority and loved
    every minute of it hahaha.

    La Freak

    PS: Old enough to remember that song?

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 10, 2005
  8. hahahahha, I just knew that nickname would lead to extra opportunities to
    get laughs for you hehehe. Good one.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 10, 2005
  9. Don Stauffer

    Mark² Guest

    "Aaaaaa...Freak Out!"

    Mark², Sep 10, 2005
  10. Don Stauffer

    ASAAR Guest

    Yep. Including the oft shouted refrain "DISCO SUCKS!!!" Some of
    it was pretty good, inventive music though.

    ASAAR, Sep 10, 2005
  11. That's the ticket :) Music seemed a lot more fun back then.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 10, 2005
  12. Where'd you grow up!!! Nobody shouted disco sucks where I came from. Those
    where the days, disco-sock-hops and a bottle of vodka LOL

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 10, 2005
  13. Don Stauffer

    Mark² Guest

    "Disco Sucks" came later, in the early 80's.
    John Travolta became an uncool doofus, and the BeeGees were cause for
    "gagging with a spoon" (as Valley Girls would quote).

    More recently, both Jonh Travolta and the BeeGees have returned to
    appreciation, but for a number of years after their 70's boom, they were
    trashed like an old pair of socks.

    Mark², Sep 10, 2005
  14. Don Stauffer

    Cynicor Guest

    Well, as I said the things I use it for make it good. If I were still
    programming for a living, it might be juuuust a bit underpowered for that.

    The other thing that I REALLY like about it (that I would not have
    thought of originally) is its utility for commuting. I work for an hour
    or so on the train each way every day. Because of the HP TC1100 design,
    all the guts are in the screen/CPU part, and the keyboard is just a
    plug-in extension. Why is this great? Because I can keep it on my lap
    and it doesn't overheat my legs!

    Cynicor, Sep 11, 2005
  15. Ah that explains it...by the 80's the sock-hops and bottles of vodka were
    well over for as I had hit the work full-time to pay for Undergraduate
    studies on a part-time basis. Believe me I had no time for disco or anything
    else but work and study.

    I have a ton of old disco 45s (just over 200) that I still listen too. They
    are scratchy though, but the songs still bring a smile out on my face. It
    just seems music was so much for fun back then...yeah I know they call that
    getting old and nostalgia (sp?). Things were not always as great as they now
    appear looking back I'm sure.

    At the Rollingstones concert in New Brunswick (Canada) on the Labour Day
    weekend the audience wanted all of the old rock songs to be song, not a
    focus on their newer stuff. That says a lot for old music. What was a really
    shocker to me was years ago Bob Dillon played at the Halifax Metro Centre as
    a sort of I'm still alive tour. I figured it would be all people my age and
    older. Well was I wrong. There were a ton of kids in their teens and early
    20s and they were loving the messages of his songs. Who would have guessed.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 11, 2005
  16. That's a very valid positive, Cynicor. My laptop always gets too hot to keep
    it on my lap for any period of time so I always have to tote a hard cover
    book with me to sit on my lap and then the laptop on top of it. I'm going to
    look into getting a tablet computer instead because once I saw the estimated
    price you gave I realized it makes no sense for me to get a notebook that is
    more limited (no Pen for instance). If it races along the same as a notebook
    with similar system specifications for cpu/graphics/hd speed I may as well
    get the tablet. <--- this is myself talking me into a big purchase. I first
    have to convince me lol.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 11, 2005
  17. Don Stauffer

    Fifty Hertz Guest

    Fifty Hertz, Sep 11, 2005
  18. Don Stauffer

    ASAAR Guest

    Most of those that paid attention to the lyrics of Dylan's earlier
    songs. At least the decypherable ones.

    Like Funky Town? (or whatever the real name was)

    ASAAR, Sep 11, 2005
  19. Nice find, Fifty! Thanks for passing it along. Wow what memories scrolling
    through the list for each year. There were some groups I had totally
    forgotten about until now. You can really see the decline of some genres as
    the years go by, and the introduction of totally new ones more recently
    (last 10 years for instance).

    I've not catalogued my collection of 45s yet, but this site will be a good
    time saver as I can copy and paste the titles as I spot them into my list.

    lalallaala, music WAS more fun years ago :)

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 12, 2005
  20. Of course I have Funkytown by Lipps Inc. LOL. It was re-recorded by other
    groups, I don't have those. I also have Play That Funky Music, but that is
    by Vanilla Ice and much more recent than the original Funkytown. I also have
    Funky Worm, but you probably never heard of it or the obscure Ohio Players
    that sang it.

    I'd like to get all of the 45s transferred to dvd. I think I would keep most
    of the scratch noises as those add to the experience.

    Take care,
    Linda

    Linda Nieuwenstein, Sep 12, 2005