    theoretically no longer need to worry about the details of wireless
    connectivity?

    , Mar 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    You still have all seven layers of the OSI model - because you may not
    have a 'tangable' cable, you still have a medium and those are radio
    waves and the physical limitations therein.

    , Mar 21, 2006

  3. Duane Arnold Guest

    What are you talking about? The OSI model describes how information from
    a software application in one computer moves through a network medium to
    a software application in another computer.

    It doesn't make any difference if it's wired or wireless networking the
    communications must adhere to the principles or the OSI model to
    communicate.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 21, 2006
  4. why? Guest