    and Linux, with Linux shipments doubling in the last three years."

    From this article.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003

  2. (snip)
    ... and you say you wonder why people feel obligated to advocate for linux :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    :)

    errr, no I dont, besides, I just thought it was an interesting article.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  4. ... then my apologies. Certainly someone has often asked :)
    It may well be interesting ... but it still looks like advocacy to me :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    heh, personally I don't really care either way, I use Win2k at
    work(occasional shell work on a unix box), WinXP-pro at home, dual booting
    with Redhat 9... I dont really care which OS I use, as long as it works,
    currently for what I do, XP-pro fits that...

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  6. Permit me to observe that sometimes, it appears that you care a lot :)
    I too use more than one system. For me I've had more trouble over the years
    with microsoft OS s than any others. I grew up with apple DOS and figure that
    other OSs should be at least that good ... preferably within the 10 k that it
    used too. MS systems have only approached this in the last 5 ish years ...
    sadly in enormous numbers of M .... so sue me :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    nah, Im just an arse that likes to wind up those that do so, easily. :)

    Lennier, Steve, Roger, and a few others.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  8. Oh ... CAMOH (chap after me own heart) then ... fair enuff :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    heh, thanks. :)

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:
    ......and does "shipment" include the millions of Linux ISOs downloaded and
    copied locally?

    steve, Oct 14, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    Did you read the article? did it say it in there?

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    It's your post...and no, it doesn't say anything about it.

    steve, Oct 15, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    It belongs to us all, I released it to be free in the world, if it loves me,
    it will return :)
    well in that case ask the author what they meant.

    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said: