    Hi

    Anyone seen the following error message and know what the fix is or
    what to try?

    8/04/2005 12:34:47 p.m. Error reported by Server: 452 Login Failed
    gordy domain corp -ERR [email protected] not present or password incorrect.:
    Logging into news server.

    My login ID and password are correct as issued by Orcon
    Using Agent reader here.

    Thanks

    Gordy, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Gordy

    Mike_P Guest

    Do you have 'This server requires me to log in' ticked ?... if so, don't.
    Also, increase the server timeout to max as this is currently Orcon's
    biggest problem. They have strangled the badwidth on all 'non-standard'
    ports so much as to make anything but web browsing impossible.

    Mike_P, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Thanks,

    That did the trick.

    Orcon's help pages didn't show news config for Outlook Express, yet
    burried in the Netscape help the login is shown as unticked.

    I guess it is all there... I just haven't looked hard enough.

    In Agent I have selected no login required.
    Have not seen a problem with timeout or where to set it.

    Cheers

    Gordy, Apr 9, 2005