Orcon deny anything is wrong with the news server WAS:[ORC #EOS-80338-870]:Missing Articles in New G

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Got a reply from Orcon support this morning (2 emails actually, yep, you
    guessed it, 1 was blank)

    "Hi,

    <name> has reported to myself and i have found that all the messages
    appear to be there. We are having no problems with the news group or
    other groups in the news.orcon.net.nz

    --
    Regards
    Orcon Internet, Technical Support Center"

    OK, so this is now a case of I said, you said........

    A little history follows (in case anyone had forgotten what this thread
    was about :) )

    I sent an email to Orcon support on 3rd October :

    "Hi

    1. Do you know that there are many missing articles in News Groups -
    nz.comp, to name but one ?

    2. When will this be sorted out ?

    3. Why are the adds added to the bottom of posts ?, they were removed.

    Look forward to your help

    Regards "

    I got 2 replies on 15 October, the first one was blank the second said:

    "Hi,

    The news group is there as it is one of the nes that i read most mornings.

    Regards
    Orcon Support, Technical Support Team"

    OK, so I waited 12 days to some fool to tell me that the group was there
    (no shit!) and they read it (yeah right!) so I sent a reply (just the 1
    copy </sic>):

    "Hi

    I know the News Group is there too, but there are many missing posts
    within the NG, thats what I'm asking you about.

    Regards"

    I got a reply on the 28 October which said the following:

    " "

    Yep, another blank email, Ha Ha Ha, that was really funny Orcon

    So, it's been 25 days, I've received 2 blank emails and a bit of rubbish
    from someone that didn't read my original email anyway.

    This ISP is SOOOO bad at some things, I think I'll stick around just to
    be a prick. Of course they might improve HA HA HA, "what an utter
    joke.." as Roger would say.

    Many people speak highly of Orcon - thats why I signed up (and have
    recommended them to other people), but what an utter disappointment (ha
    ha, you though I was going to say "joke" didn't you). I'd be happy for
    Orcon to prove me wrong but, as I don't think I'd look good blue, I
    won't hold my breath.

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Chris Mayhew

    joe_90 Guest

    Semi literate, worthless replies.

    Don't blame the respondent though - probably an overworked, underpaid
    technician.

    joe_90, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    No real names have ever been used on this issue except for the 1 I
    removed and replaced with <name> which was referring to someone other
    than the writer.

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Phil Guest

    Don't they sign off with a real persons name, or do they just use

    Phil, Nov 3, 2004
  5. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Fair comment. I wasn't trying to lay blame at the respondent, in case
    that is how it looks (I did remove one persons name).

    There does seem to be some problems though, and burrying ones head in
    the sand might not be the best answer. One problem might be staff
    training, which could account for the number of blank emails I have
    reveived (they out number the "non-blank" ones)

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 3, 2004