    then you can find details at http://www.petefinnigan.com/alerts.htm

    kind regards

    Pete

    Pete Finnigan, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Pete Finnigan

    Leythos Guest

    [snip]

    Since it's an oracle alert, and since it's freely available on THEIR
    site, are you just trying to spam the group for your business? If so,
    you know that none of the regulars in this group will do business with
    people that spam the group for business reasons.

    Leythos, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Hi

    I am sorry to have offended everyone and i apologise, I am not trying to
    spam anyone. I simply am very enthusiastic about Oracle security and
    keep a page on my website for recent Oracle security alerts.

    I try to annotate them when they are released and link to other
    information directly such as the finders advisory as well. The Oracle
    advisory doesn't link to Stephens advisory and doesn't describe as much
    detail about the SQL Injection issues. I am trying to make people aware
    of more details about this advisory and other that have come out. In
    Oracles advisory there is no direct link to the finders advisory like
    there used to be in older ones.

    I just wanted people to know about the alert and patch it and to be able
    to find more details on it. I am not trying to generate business I am
    simply enthusiastic about Oracle security.

    Again I apologise for the fact that this does look like spam.

    kind regards

    Pete

    Pete Finnigan, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Pete Finnigan

    Leythos Guest

    Posting your comments and a link to the Oracle site would have look much
    better than posting a link to your company site. I may have over-
    reacted, but people are spamming the groups with all sorts of thinly
    veiled posts that are really advertisements now a-days.

    Most of us, when we post about a product or vendor, provide a link to
    the products or the vendors site. It's like someone claiming that a
    vendors product is better than the others, then posting a link to your
    company site where it can be purchased - no one really believes a person
    that has a vested interest in a product they make money off of - it's
    the unpaid for review that carries weight.

    Leythos, Jun 14, 2004