Opus flushed his 35mm in the early 90s - when did you?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Frank ess, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Frank  ess

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Sep 24, 2004

  2. I hope you remembered to take the batteries out!

    I haven't touched the 35mm kit since getting my first digital in 1998.
    Actually, that's untrue. I picked up the camera to check the viewfinder
    markings just recently and nearly dropped the camera because of the
    weight! How fortunate we are to have digital.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Frank  ess

    ArtKramr Guest

    Subject: Re: Opus flushed his 35mm in the early 90s - when did you?

    Yeah. I got a Nikon F4s and 7 lenses sitting unused. And I wont even get a DSLR
    because of the weight.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Frank  ess

    Hunt Guest

    Unlike Opus, I shot film Monday last. I needed an architectural interior shot
    for an 8' x 5' display panel and though the 4x5 film was scanned and run
    through PS, I still shot film, rather than digital. OTOH, I noticed that two
    bricks of 35mm Ektachrome SW sitting in my fridge, are out of date, along with
    about 30 rolls of 120 chromes!!!!! Maybe I need to charge up the Hassy and the
    Nikon and go shoot those hummers, before the emulsion turns to mummy-dust. My
    guess is that I'll still use the 4x5 for many more jobs, depending on what the
    clients need.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Sep 24, 2004
  5. You're darned tootin'.

    Still, I've burned 5 or 6 rolls of film just this year in 35mm.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Frank  ess

    Bob Guest

    I haven't used film since the 90s... bought a digicam in 2000...

    the last film I did use was Ilford B/W in my own darkroom... now a storage
    area... hmmmm what can I do with a Honeywell/Nikor enlarger?

    Bob, Sep 25, 2004