options for integrated vox/data with VWIC-2MFT-T1

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by linguafr, Dec 13, 2009.

  1. linguafr

    linguafr Guest

    Current setup is a single T1 p2p with csu/dsu's on each end (routers
    and pbx's connected to each) channelizing 4 DSOs for vox the rest
    data. Adding a second T1 for additional data bw.

    I'm actually helping with this remotely so I have limited access to
    csu/dsu's but I'm guessing there's no way to use these external csu/
    dsu units with the second T1. That is, bring two connections off the
    csu/dsu, one for each MFT port. Alternatively, I see there's a drop
    and insert option which sounds like the appropriate application in
    which both T1s could connect directly to the router 2MFT card ports,
    but am unsure how the pbx would connect. Do I get a an additional
    vwic card for the D&I approach allowing for connecting both T1s and
    PBX directly to router vwic interfaces. And in this case can I
    configure multilink ppp for a fraction of one of the T1s and provide
    for the 4 vox channels on a separate vwic card?

    Something like this?

    #T1 line 1
    controller T1 0/0/0
    framing esf