    Any opinions based on the mfg specifications of these two 'new'
    cameras are appreciated. They should both hit the streets about the
    first of October. Thanks in advance.

    QX, Sep 9, 2006

  2. QX

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    QX wrote:
    > Any opinions based on the mfg specifications of these two 'new'
    > cameras are appreciated. They should both hit the streets about the
    > first of October. Thanks in advance.

    Hi...

    Durn ya, now you've got me wanting one of the 510's :)

    The only heads-up I have to offer - primarily since you
    included the "-IS" part of the Canon name in the subject
    line - is to be cautious about Oly's claim of stabilization.

    Unless - *unless* Olympus has changed things for this model
    (I have a 350) then their claim of stabilization applies
    only to the video mode.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Sep 9, 2006