    adaptor)

    cheers,

    G;

    The Rev Gaston, Feb 12, 2005

  2. The Rev Gaston

    John Guest

    I took a 20gig Xdrive pro to europe for 5 months and stored over 5000 photos
    (8gig) Only $315.00
    Wonderfull invention

    John

    John, Feb 12, 2005

  3. I bought the Vosonic VP-300 and a used 30GB HDD. Works well with the
    built-in CF/SD/MMC/Memory-Card reader. If you want to use it as a MP3
    player then you should re-inforce the included Li-Ion battery with a
    set of 8-AA NiMH battery bank for continuous 6-8 hours of usage. Check
    the included battery, mine's not too great and needs replacement.

    With its low price, I think its makes a great portable photo storage
    device.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Feb 12, 2005
  4. The Rev Gaston

    MarkH Guest

    I have bought a Vosonic X's Drive II and a Vosonic X's Drive Pro (VP300), I
    was disappointed in both. The idea is brilliant and they work reliably,
    but the speed from CF to HDD is pathetic.

    I now use the PD7X that I got from powerinnumber, the speed is so much
    better.

    There are 2 things to consider with the speed of transfer: One is the time
    you have to wait for the copy to complete, the other is how many gigs of
    data can be copied per battery charge. The Vosonic drives struggle to
    transfer more than 2GB before the battery goes flat, the PD7X can transfer
    2GB in about 6 minutes and therefore can transfer over 20GB on a set of 4
    AA batteries.

    MarkH, Feb 12, 2005
  5. The Rev Gaston

    Pete D Guest

    I have a VP3310 with a 5,400rpm 40Gig drive, very good, cost effective
    solution, bought mine with two batteries and a car adapter, excellent.

    Pete D, Feb 12, 2005
  6. That looks tempting but I read of some problems concerning a voltage
    regulator that apparently reduces reliability. Anyone know anything
    more about that?

    The Rev Gaston, Feb 12, 2005
  7. The Rev Gaston

    Chip Gallo Guest

    I have two of the Xs Drive II (2060) units. I just put a 40GB drive in one,
    to replace an older 20GB that it came with. With 2GB CF cards, I can dump a
    couple times before the battery goes. My tactic is to carry several CF cards
    and if I fill one up during a performance, dump it to the Xs Drive while I
    use the other. With a full charge on the battery I usually don't need to
    dump more than twice so the limited battery time hasn't been a show stopper.

    That said, on the older unit it seems like the battery drops much more
    quickly. You can buy replacement batts and it is possible that some of the
    reports of extremely limited # transfer is either bad battery or older,
    lower efficiency disc drives.

    I'm keeping an eye on the portable DVD technology, where you would dump to a
    rewritable DVD in the field. Price needs to come down ...

    Chip Gallo

    Chip Gallo, Feb 12, 2005
  8. The Rev Gaston

    dreadblogs Guest

    drive. Very happy with it. Travels well. Price is right I use the
    Sony cards, and the unit doubles as my 5 in 1 card reader for my PC as
    well. The 4 GB does me fine on trips theoretically holding over 40 to
    50 downloads, more than enough for me. Have never even come remotely
    near to filling it. (and I initially troubled over if I should get a
    10gb!) I generally carry my charging equipment (if you can consider a
    small adapter size charger "equipment") with me and I've never dealt
    with any battery issues at all. I take picture for me and do not
    trouble with attempting to be even a semi-pro. I think like everything
    else you can find negative hype on anything. My two cents.....
    www.greenmarble.blogspot.com

    dreadblogs, Feb 12, 2005
  9. The Rev Gaston

    Pete D Guest

    Hi Chip, the 3310 will run for 2 hours or it will run off the car adapter
    or from the mains powerpack and play MP3's.

    Pete D, Feb 13, 2005