    transfer the .NEFs into Photoshop CS2 from Nikon Capture in 16 bit quality
    (with the Nikon Raw Plug-in installed in Photoshop)? Thanks for any
    suggestions.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    Roy Guest

    Hi there.

    First and main suggestion is to stop using Nikon Capture.

    Go to the adobe Plug In Folders and delete the Nikon Plug Ins, otherwise
    they will take precedence over the Adobe Converter and limit your conversion
    options.

    Save your NEF files to your HDD.

    Use PS and the Adobe Plug In to convert to Tiff or PSD from NEF. There are
    many more controls available on it than there are on the Nikon converter.
    Save these converted files to a diffeent folder from the NEFs, and burn the
    NEFs onto a Cd or DVD and keep them as your Digital Negatives.

    Do your editing etc in PS in 16 bit, and once you are happy, convert to 8
    bit for printing and also to save HDD Space.

    This is much more sensible than restricting your possibilities by using
    Nikon's limited ability software.

    Roy G

    Roy, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guy Scharf Guest

    This works for me. I open a NEF file in NC, press the Photoshop button
    in the Quick Tools bar, and the file is opened in Photoshop CS2 as
    RGB/16.

    I am using NC 4.3.0.

    I'm not sure why it's not working for you. You might see if Nikon
    technical support can help.

    Guy

    Guy Scharf, Jul 11, 2005