Open source network management application similar to CiscoWorks

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tristan.rhodes, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. I thought I would share a very useful open source network management
    application that we use called NeDi. You can read about NeDi at:

    http://nedi.sourceforge.net/ (Home Page)
    http://s11.invisionfree.com/Nedi/index.php (NeDi Forum)

    You can quickly and easily test a virtual appliance of NeDi at:
    http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/184
    (The virtual appliance requires you to install VMware player, which is
    free)
    http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

    NeDi Features:

    Automated Network Discovery
    * Automatically discovers Cisco network devices and learns how they
    connect to each other (network topology)

    Beautiful Web-Interface
    * Simple to use

    Device Management
    * Quickly telnet to a device with just a few clicks
    * Make bulk configuration changes to many devices at once
    * Archive device configurations and report configuration changes

    Reporting
    * Location of users on the network (DNS-->IP-->MAC-->Switch-->Port)
    * Show which IP addresses are being used, and which ones are available
    * Report by device name, type, serial number, software version, vlans,
    and much more!

    Monitor Performance
    * Graph traffic statistics on every interface
    * View the available memory and CPU utilization of network devices

    Monitor Availability
    * Poll network devices
    * Send email or SMS alerts when a device goes down

    Monitor Errors
    * Receive and display SNMP Traps from devices
    * Receive and display Syslog messages from devices
    * Display error rates on interfaces

    NeDi (Network Discovery Suite) was created by Remo Rickli.
    NeDiVA was created by Tristan Rhodes.

    tristan.rhodes, Jun 30, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Jun 30, 2006