    In other words, are the files from one readable by the other and is
    the rendering (essentially) the same?
    Or are they totally different except for use?

    Robert Baer, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Robert Baer

    JTJersey Guest

    Open Office will read Microsoft Office files and save in Microsoft format.
    OO easily reads PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents, but I don't believe
    Microsoft reads any of the OO file formats, so if you want compatibility
    with Microsoft you have to save your Open Office files in a Microsoft
    format.

    JTJersey, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Robert Baer

    j1mb0jay Guest