    ~10% bigger... one was 900kb Excell file then when same info in Oo_O it
    was 1.08Mb
    Second file was 1.1MB Excell file, then 1.24Mb Oo_O file.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2004

  2. As a correction to my post... I meant bigger in the first line, not smaller.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    MSO files are always bigger if autosave is on - is there any equivalent
    thing inOo_O?

    EMB

    EMB, Feb 13, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Chris Guest

    I haven't had that problem myself but 1 file in OO Calc that was about 900
    KB converted to Excell came out to about 5.5 MB but would not open, in fact
    I think it crashed Excell. I put the problem down to the OO file being to
    complex (about 20 linked sheets, lots of formula, and formatting) to
    convert correctly.

    Are the files opening OK ?

    Chris, Feb 13, 2004
  5. yeah they open fine and look identical.
    There are a hell of a lot of external links.
    If I open the files with the other apps, save as etc... they get
    bigger/smaller depending on which one I use, Oo_O bigger, Excell
    smaller... quite odd indeed.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2004
  6. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Ron McNulty Guest

    I read somewhere that both MS and Open Office are going to change their file
    formats to XML. Expect a big increase in size, or longer load/save times if
    they compress them.

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Feb 13, 2004
  7. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Lennier Guest

    Open Office already uses XML.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Feb 14, 2004
  8. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    GJ Guest

    unzip an Open Office file with Winzip and see what you get. 6 files if I
    remember correctly.

    Gavin

    GJ, Feb 15, 2004