"open in tabs" with Tabbrowser Extensions

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Lee, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm currently setting myself up with FireFox 0.9, running on WinXP.
    When I first setup several bookmark folders, I was pleased with the
    behavior in which choosing "open in tabs" would open all of the
    bookmarks in a particular folder in tabs, while _replacing_ whatever
    tabs were currently open.

    I have then installed the Tabbrowsers Extension which, for the most
    part, I am very happy with. However, I now find that when I choose
    "open in tabs", the bookmarks within the folder get opened in new tabs
    at the end of the currently poen set of tabs. (As a possibly relevant
    aside, if I right-click and do "open in tabs" from the bookmark
    manager, I still get the old behavior in which the current tab set is
    replaced by the bookmarks in the folder!)

    I have not been able to find a setting in the extension to change this
    behavior, but wouldn't be surprised if I've missed something - any
    suggestions?

    thanks,
    Lee

    (It seems that I could define tab sessions within the Tabbrowser
    Extension and use those instead, but I like the idea of basing the
    tabs on the bookmark folders, so I'd prefer a solution to the above
    problem.)

    Lee, Jun 29, 2004