    any option enabling me to do that.

    Thanks for any help.

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Moke G

    Mike T. Guest

    Ootlook Express? Is that the Canadian version?

    Mike T., Dec 11, 2005

  3. Moke G

    Whiskers Guest

    I dimly remember that OE has a 'message rules' menu somewhere. I think
    you could use the features there to set up a 'white list' - ie let through
    anything from the 'From' addresses you list, and block everything else (or
    send it to a particular 'folder' so that you can manually check for
    messages that you don't want to block, just in case).

    Whiskers, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Moke G

    Mike Easter Guest

    Your can put all of your friends' mail into Friends, or you can put all
    of your non-friends' mail into Junk

    OE/ Tools/ Message rules/ Mail/

    Mail rules tab - New button
    -1- select the condition
    Where the From line contains /people/
    -2- select the action/s
    Move it to the /specified/ folder
    Stop processing more rules

    -3- click an undefined value to edit it

    click 'people' which opens a function with access to the addressbook
    button; you can select all of the people from whom you want mail all at
    one time by using your control key or shift click if you are going to
    choose them all

    click 'specified' [folder] and create the folder Friends or such, I
    recommend putting it under your Inbox folder

    -4- Name the rule Whitelist or such

    You can also create a Junk folder with a message rule to put everything
    in there which doesn't have you addy in the To

    You can also make your whitelist rule 'the other way around'

    Mail rules tab - New button
    -1- select the condition
    Where the From line contains /people/
    -2- select the action/s
    Move it to the /specified/ folder
    Stop processing more rules

    -3- click an undefined value to edit it

    click 'people' which opens a function with access to the addressbook
    button; you can select all of the people from whom you want mail all at
    one time by using your control key or shift click if you are going to
    choose them all

    when you have one or more people in the 'people' section, an options
    button becomes operative. The options button can be used to change the
    rule to 'message does /not/ contain the people below'

    click 'specified' [folder] and put the mail in the Junk folder

    -4- Name the rule Whitelist or such

    Then all of your wanted mail from your whitelisted friends will be in
    the Friends folder, all of the mail which came to you without you in the
    To will be in Junk, and some spam will still be in your Inbox.

    That is a crude whitelist spamfilter using OE. If you use a powerful
    filter like SpamPal SP, you can change all of your spam to have a
    subject of *SPAM* and then use OE's message rules to put all of it into
    the Junk folder. SP can also whitelist your friends.

    Mike Easter, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Moke G

    Mike Easter Guest

    A paragraph got out of place in my previous; this similar post
    describes the positive and negative whitelisting feature with the par in
    the right order.

[...]

    Then all of the mail which didn't have your friends in the From will be
    in Junk

    Mike Easter, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    Thanks Mike & Whiskers.

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Moke G

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You need a mail filter like Mailwasher or others where you can set rules
    to do it. Mailwasher has a 30 trial ware.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 12, 2005
  8. Moke G

    Mike Easter Guest

    But MW's developers lie to their users and misrepresent their product
    and its functions.

    I'm speaking specifically of the MW default configuration and overall
    configurability and operability about its bogus bouncing feature.

    I don't like to see the 'masses' or newbies - which masses and newbies
    have misused MW by the millions - guided toward a product which 'lures'
    them in by guile and misrepresentation, such as the spamcop.com website,
    and then further misleads them about the utiltity of MW's bogus bouncing
    feature.

    While it is true that knowledgeable and experienced users of MW can
    defeat the intentions of the MW developers to aid bulk email
    listwashers, I think that those experienced users should lead the
    unknowing away from MW rather than toward it.

    Mike Easter, Dec 12, 2005
  9. Moke G

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Who cares about that? I have been using the product for years to control
    emails reaching my machines and it does what I ask it to do.
    Who said anything about bouncing?
    I don't use the bounce feature. And on top of that, it's not my problem.
    Therefore, I am certainly NOT going to worry about it. :)
    You know what they say about opinions.

    There are enough Lone Rangers on the Internet trying to give opinions.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 12, 2005