Only ONE real Firefox hassle: newsgroup & IRC tabs

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by HellPope Huey, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. I'm greatly enjoying the thing, but I'm stumped in trying to locate
    the newsgroup reader and IRC function of Mozilla. Pardon my
    befuddlement, but am I simply missing them in my explorations or are
    those modules to be acquired from elsewhere and installed? Thanks.

    --

    HellPope Huey
    I was once so drunk,

    From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class.
    From 10 feet away she looked like something
    made up to be seen from 30 feet away.
    ~ Raymond Chandler

    "Everything's too damned expensive these days.
    This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book!
    Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy."
    ~ Homer Simpson

    HellPope Huey, Jul 26, 2005

  2. HellPope Huey

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mozilla is a suite program, it includes a browser, email/news, composer
    elements.

    Firefox is a BROWSER only program, it doesnt include email/news
    if you want email/news then download Thunderbird. Its a standalone
    email/news program from Mozilla, and is the perfect counterpart to Firefox

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005

  3. HellPope Huey

    Jedi Fans Guest

    chatzilla is available via extension, and newsreader is now the seperate
    and streamlined thunderbird, avail. from mozilla.org

    Jedi Fans, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Ah, got it. I idly thought that would be the case; I just wanted to
    ask in case I'd merely had a case of DUH! Thanks to both of you.

    Huey

    HellPope Huey, Jul 27, 2005