Online Training for 70-229

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Dan Noel, May 12, 2004.

  1. Dan Noel

    Dan Noel Guest

    I am looking for a good on-line training course that will
    help me with issues involved in exam 70-229 which is about
    SQL-Server 2000.

    I am not a DBA. I generally work on front end application
    issues using web technologies and windows forms. I have a
    working knowledge of SQL, but my database knowledge is not
    strong enough to pass the exam.

    I want to deepen my knowledge base such that I can develop
    a really good understanding of database issues such as
    Security, detailed Database retrieval, and intelligent use
    of SQL-Server's tuning tools.

    I am familiar with typical "learning-tree" type on-line
    courses that deliver lots of powerpoint slides, but little
    real life hands on experience.

    Ideally, I would like a college type course that lasts for
    several weeks ( at least 12 ) and offers challenging
    weekly assignments that focus on the more difficult
    features of using SQL-Server.

    I suppose I could work through all the examples in one of
    the exam preparation books, but I never seem to have the
    discipline to spend the large chunks of time needed to
    truly deepen my knowledge base.

    I would appreciate any recommendations. I am willing to
    pay a good deal of money for such a course if I find it
    meets my needs, but I am wary of many of the new programs
    that offer cheap degrees in computer science related
    topics.

    Thanks,

    Dan

    Dan Noel, May 12, 2004

  2. Dan Noel

    Eric Guest

    If you find one, please post the details here. I haven't seen any
    legitimate online course like this, but lots of people have asked.

    Eric

    Eric, May 14, 2004