Online Security for dummies

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by j, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. j

    j Guest

    Title: Digital Umbrella: Technology's Attack on Personal Privacy in America
    ISBN: 1581124295
    Format: Paperback, 308pp
    Pub. Date: September 2004
    Publisher: Brown Walker Press

    Amazon URL:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1581124295/qid=1097973822/sr=8
    -1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-5162174-5895209?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    B&N URL:
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=Xz6iM5EAk
    M&isbn=1581124295&itm=1

    A great book for lay people on explaining the 'how' of spyware, adware, and
    viruses on our computers. This book also gives easy to understand directions
    on how to protect individual privacy on our computer. Antivirsus, internet
    security, and antispy software tutorials are given that allows all people to
    easily put these on their own computer. There are very few books out there
    that explains the wide range of topics: workplace monitoring, high tech
    lifestyles, privacy issues, the government and provacy, anti virus, antispy
    software, and cyber bludging. Highly recommended for all!

    I found this book to be a great reference for removing the multitude of
    spyware I found on my computer. The thing was moving so slow and I just
    happened across this title out of word-of-mouth about the author, who lives
    somewhere nearby. I have to say the tutorials that are included in this book
    should be highlighted more than they are. I finally got my computer to run
    again.

    j, Nov 16, 2004

  2. j

    Vanguard Guest

    <snip - blah blah blah - multiposted spam>

    Vanguard, Nov 16, 2004

  3. j

    Moe Trin Guest

    Yeah, I was going to suggest mailing the publisher, and telling them why
    you would no longer consider buying any of their material, until I did a
    google search to find the domain (brownwalker.com), and then did a whois
    to see WTF. I'll let you figure it out:

    Registration Service Provided By: Domain Registry Group Inc
    Contact:
    Visit: http://www.droa.com/

    Domain name: brownwalker.com

    Registrant Contact: