    Jim Scott Guest

    I would like to have a BIG (red?) icon on my desktop to remind me that I am
    still online when I leave my computer, so that I can disconnect.

    Jim Scott, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Jim Scott

    Pennywise Guest

    DU Meter http://www.dumeter.com/ make it any color you want.

    Pennywise, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    Sorry I meant *free* for personal use.

    Jim Scott, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Jim Scott

    PC Guest

    If you use IE try this

    Tools
    Internet options
    Connection
    Highlight your Dial up connection.
    Settings
    Tick "Disconnect when Connection may no longer be needed"
    Apply / OK your way back out (don't 'Cancel')

    All things being equal the 'Auto Disconnect' message will pop up in front of
    you when you close your Net apps.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Feb 4, 2005