    I am planning to splash the 64-bit software onto my desktop but would
    appreciate notice of known problems or conflicts.

    Best,

    Guest, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Guest

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, EyeInTheNet.

    Just to be sure that you know...you can't simply "upgrade" from 32-bit
    anything to 64-bit anything. You will need to do a clean install of Vista
    Ultimate x64 and then reinstall all your applications. If you have the hard
    disk space available, you might want to create a new partition for x64 and
    install it as a dual-boot with x86 until you are sure that you don't want or
    need it anymore.

    The shortage of 64-bit drivers has been almost eliminated in the
    nearly-a-year since Vista RTM, but you need to check out your specific
    hardware. There are still almost no 64-bit applications, but practically
    all 32-bit applications run fine on Vista x64. Again, if you have
    specialized applications, you might want to check with their developers to
    be sure that they will work with x64. As just one guy with one computer and
    no net but the Internet, my experience may not be the same as yours, but
    I've had no compatibility problems since Nero and Photoshop Elements were
    updated to work with Vista x64 several months ago.

    Come on in! The water's fine. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

    R. C. White, Oct 26, 2007

  3. Both Groove and OneNote work on Vista64. Groove won't let you sync IE
    Favourites (bummer, that's a cool feature), and I think OneNote may still
    have some issues with its printer driver if it's the older version of
    OneNote. Pretty sure OneNote 2007 should be fine, though I don't run Office
    2007.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 26, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you folks, in addition I found this note Groove, which I have to
    consider carefully before taking the decision to migrate:

    Note: File sharing workspaces are not supported on computers running a
    64-bit operating system.

    Guest, Oct 28, 2007