    even get a chip implanted so you can use the "VIP entrance" in at least one
    "club" ... but why would you want to do that ? If we encourage them, soon we
    won't have many choices left. Your choice ... but I know what mine is. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 9, 2011

  2. Not really, but believe that if you like :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 9, 2011

  3. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Your Name, Nov 9, 2011
  4. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    Could it be becuase broadband isn't available everywhere in their
    network?

    Donchano, Nov 9, 2011
  5. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Not to mention the fact that "Broadband" is at least three to four times
    more expensive, and for some people it is completely unnecessary.

    It *IS* amazing that the greedy ISPs have not (yet!) tried to dump dial-up
    and force people onto expensive broadband plans ... afterall, many have
    already dumped Usenet nersgroups, webpage space, etc. or sub-contracted
    services to other companies (e.g. Xtra's email service run by Yahoo, some
    help desks moved to overseas companies, etc.).

    Your Name, Nov 9, 2011

  6. Simple Costs..

    Frank Williams, Nov 9, 2011

  7. Cost and some people just don't need it and you just might be living out
    in the sticks..

    Frank Williams, Nov 10, 2011

  8. And at 1000% more costs.

    Frank Williams, Nov 10, 2011
  9. ... although reception in some of the 'non urban' areas isn't all that
    great. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  10. Tell that to the useless idiots at Vodafone. People with older versions of
    the Mac operating system can't even connect to the Internet at all (via
    dial-up connections) thanks to problems with their servers that they
    refuse to fix. It's the only real I upgraded mine computer to a slightly
    newer version.
    One of many reasons why Vodafone NZ should be avoided! :-([/QUOTE]

    I don't deal with companies/organisations whose web sites are broken and
    can't imagine why anyone would. If they can't even get that right
    (relatively simple), why would you trust them with anything else ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  11. ... cos that's all some people can get seems like a good reason to me. :)
    ... cos what passes for broadband in NZ isn't really could be another ? :)
    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  12. ... more if your dialup is free. :)
    It's just not that much better yet. Maybe when we have something a little
    faster with reasonable data charges ? :)

    (snip)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  13. Glorious. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  14. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    It is according to Telecom NZ's adverts ... you can even drop someone off
    on a shipping container in the middle of the ocean and still get reception
    (could be handy down in Tauranga at the moment). ;-)

    Your Name, Nov 10, 2011
  15. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
    (you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
    when your broadband connection is broken). :-\

    Your Name, Nov 10, 2011
  16. Yes, well. While that add was great, it was also a lie (proven by someone
    trying at that distance about in that spot IIRC). Funny isn't it ... we not
    only accept lying in ads ... we expect it. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  17. I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
    (you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
    when your broadband connection is broken). :-\[/QUOTE]

    Then you'd be wrong. :) If you have your line and tolls through actrix, your
    dialup is free. Even before that it was a whole 0.5 c/minute :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 10, 2011
  18. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Your Name, Nov 10, 2011
  19. I don't really call that free - they've simply included the cost in the
    price of the overall bundle. There used to be a company that did provide
    real free dial-up, but they closed it down. :-([/QUOTE]

    ... weeellll ... while I might generally agree with you, the dial up access
    costs me nothuing extra, so to me, it looks "free". Appreciate that
    marketing by any other name ... :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 13, 2011
  20. I have tried going to the website for that survey, but was unable to. Maybe I wrote it down wrong, but I don't think so.

    Helen

    johnstone.family, Sep 11, 2012