Onecard survey webpage problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011.

  1. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and getting a
    message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says there
    is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the top
    left of the page.
    (It's only for Onecard customers)

    Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the webpage
    and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.

    I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.

    Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.

    It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm about to
    place an order.

    Thank you

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011

  2. Why bother are they going to give you lots of $$$$$$$$$$

    Some of these sites I have found use Double Click spyware that is often
    blocked with some Spyware/Virus software.

    I had to disable my Spyware with 2 sites that I tried to use, one was
    Telsta Clear I think the other was TVNZ or TV3 for replay TV.

    Did you not see the FareGo show about these so called shop rewards , all
    totally CRAP

    Frank Williams, Nov 7, 2011

  3. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Oh dear, looks like a "conspiracy theory" nutter. Simply using the
    Internet means you're being tracked no matter what you do. Same goes for
    using you credit card or EFTPOS card, etc., etc., etc. It's called modern
    life, get used to it. :-\

    Actually, many of them are, but not all of them. You do also have to know
    what you're doing and do not buy stuff simply to get rewards.

    I use my Visa card for almost everything and get points for doing so.
    Those points can be spent on rewards (which are over-priced) or used like
    a pre-paid debit card in many shops. At the moment I've got $220 I can
    spend which will pay for a new printer when it's time to upgrade.

    Having said that, we have yet to ever receive any vouchers from using the
    Countdown Onecard and have never met anyone who has won one of their
    exclusive competitions. :-(

    Your Name, Nov 7, 2011
  4. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    What webpage? can you provide the address please?

    Dave Doe, Nov 7, 2011
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx

    It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard number.
    I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.

    I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable things
    to do than hijack people's Onecard points.

    Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    There is a draw for a prize, but I like to have my say on surveys when I
    have time.

    I get the Double Click cookie. It's one of the ones Trend Micro removes at
    every scan.
    I expect somebody is watching what I do on the computer.
    I don't do anything illegal so why worry?
    Somebody tries to get my credit card and Trend Micro keeps blocking them.
    They say the Americans track all the emails for suspicious words like Gun or
    Bomb.
    I talk about those a lot. (Now they have just tracked this one!)
    I've never won a competition, but I get a $15 voucher three times a year for
    the Onecard points I have accumulated.
    Do you use your Onecard every time you shop at Foodtown or Countdown? The
    points add up, you get points for the weekly shopping, but I have noticed
    there are far fewer items on Onecard now our Foodtown has changed to
    Countdown. There are plenty of good specials though.

    I don't have Visa's rewards scheme. I use the card so little that it just
    isn't worth the cost of belonging.
    I dropped Flybuys too. After three years I had got about fifty points, then
    they started taking the older ones off, so I dropped it.
    I seem to be accumulating Brownie Points with Genesis Energy, but I doubt if
    they will ever be enough for any reward.

    Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011
  7. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    What browser are you using?

    I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
    'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
    same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...

    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard04.jpg

    And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
    though :)

    Dave Doe, Nov 7, 2011
  8. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1(Build2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647:Service Pack3
    I found that but don't understand what it means.
    I think I've got IE7 but don't know how to check that.
    I don't understand that. This is the only website where I have ever had
    this problem.
    I had a look at tht website. I wouldn't know how to use it though.
    Thank you for your help. If you didn't have a problem it must be this
    computer.
    I'll see if Countdown replies.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011
  9. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Geo, I wouldn't worry about it. The programming of these surveys often
    leaves a lot to be desired and you have maybe triggered a bug in the
    page. It may have caused something to be in your browser cache and that
    would be why you are getting the error repeatedly. If you know how to
    clear the cache, I suggest you do it before trying again.

    You can tell the version of IE by clicking "Help" and selecting "About"
    or similar.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 7, 2011
  10. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I did that, it's IE8

    Countdown hasn't answered, so I expect it is just this computer.

    Geopelia, Nov 7, 2011
  11. FACTS and is listed on the TV sites.

    FireGo listed that ALL these spending rewards gave you less that a 1%
    discount and the Onecards points only lasted 6 months.

    The Double Click thing is mentioned on the TV sites if its disabled you
    will not be able to get the Replay TV to work.

    Frank Williams, Nov 7, 2011

  12. Do you have the Double Click spyware enabled.

    Geopelia disable you virus program and you will find it will work as
    it needs the Double click to be working.

    The Double click is used for marketing research.

    Frank Williams, Nov 7, 2011

  13. Disable you Virus checker, you need Double Click to work.

    Frank Williams, Nov 7, 2011
  14. Geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    I had an Indian sounding cller recently telling me I had problems with
    my PC. I didn't let him get as far as recommending I turn off my virus
    program . . .

    Anything that requires turning off virus protection cannot be worth
    having.

    Rich80105, Nov 7, 2011
  15. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    As Cliff has said, it may well be a cached browser object - with IE open
    and the active window, press <Ctrl><Shift><Del> - and it will bring up
    the Delete browser history n' stuff dialog. You probably want to
    uncheck the Passwords checkbox before clicking the Delete button.

    Then try again. Might work! :)

    Otherwise, the other main suspect is your Trend Micro security suite (I
    still can't get my head around why you willingly pay money for this
    crappy product - but let's not go there for now :)

    Dave Doe, Nov 7, 2011
  16. While that may be true, in many/most cases, it is still unacceptable. :)

    (snip)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 8, 2011
  17. Geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    He asked for confirmation that I used a personal computer and that it
    ran Windows (version not specified). I had heard about these calls,
    but saw no harm in confirming that inforamtion, but the conversation
    did not last long from that point . . .

    Rich80105, Nov 8, 2011
  18. OTOH, I had a similar gentlman call. I happily followed his instructions ...
    until he asked me to start IE. I couldn't find it. The menus didn't
    look right. After a little while, he worked out that I wasn't running
    windows ... and he promised that he would try linux. :) :)

    Remind me ...what's virus protection again ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 8, 2011
  19. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Whatever garbage you want to delude yourself with. :-\

    Your Name, Nov 8, 2011
  20. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    It's largely irrelevant whether or not it's "unacceptable". The fact
    remains that you can't escape being tracked ... unless you want to live
    like hermit in the depths of Fiordland surviving on berries and rats. :)

    Your Name, Nov 8, 2011