One way to increase speed. :-)

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by David, Apr 1, 2014.

  1. David

    David Guest

  2. Gordon Henderson, Apr 1, 2014

  3. Indeed.

    Money has always been able to get you what you want.

    When I bought this house at a very attractive price, it had an 11KV
    cable running across the garden utterly precluding any change to the
    house structure.

    A quick call to the electricity company revealed they were perfectly
    happy to underground it - if I was totally prepared to pay for it. Or
    most of it.

    The total bill was around £30k. Of which I paid around £20k.

    Of course that allowed me to build a house on the plot worth ten times
    as much as the one I had in fact bought..

    People are not prepared to pay for the cost of delivering high speed
    internet - its really that simple.

    I could get symmetric 100Mbps here easily if I was prepared to pay
    around £20k installations and £10k annually.

    I could even sell it on to my neighbour who would expect to pay no more
    than a tenner a month for it.

    Which explains why I haven't done it...

    --
    Ineptocracy

    diminishing number of producers.

    The Natural Philosopher, Apr 1, 2014
  4. Mike Tomlinson, Apr 1, 2014
  5. Interesting name too. :)

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Apr 1, 2014
  6. David

    Jim Guest

    To my mind it isn't worth paying for anyway !
    :eek:)

    --
    :: Jim,

    NHS Health Database Sale Opt-out form: