One out of four PC has access ID request

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Manlio, Sep 20, 2009.

  1. Manlio

    Manlio Guest

    My home network is so composed:
    one US robotics 9107A router connected to a desktop, to an Access
    Point and to a network printer.

    On desktop (XP Pro)wired to the router
    Three laptops (One XP Pro and two XP Home) on the wireless side of the
    home network (see Access Point)

    Only one Laptop with XP Home is requested to enter User ID to access
    the printer or the network.

    Can some one help me to avoid the ID request ?

    All the computers are protected by a specific password and the network
    is secured with Mac Numbers

    Thanks
    Manlio

    Manlio, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Manlio

    Conor Guest

    Duplicate the user account details from the XPH machine on the other
    two, i.e create an account on the XPP ones with the same username and
    password as the one on the XPH. Bit of a bodge but XP networking is so
    broken that you could spend an age trying to get it working properly.

    Conor, Sep 20, 2009

  3. Manlio

    Adrian C Guest

    As far as I know (IANAMCSE) that is the only solution possible without a
    server based domain controller, and if ye had that ye'd be stumped
    getting such a domain controller going with XP Home.

    Adrian C, Sep 20, 2009
  4. Manlio

    Manlio Guest

    Followup to msg on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:05:30 +0100, Adrian C
    <> :
    (Original msg on bottom)
    thanks for the prompt answers
    I will immediately try the solution