    stuff is on my laptop..
    Anyway, does anyone know where I can find this program again? Any help
    will be appreciated

    WF, May 16, 2005

  2. WF

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That is not a program it is hardware, your network card. You have some
    choices. Keep trying to install it or just ignore it if your connection to
    the internet is working fine. You can also go to VIA and update the driver.

    pcbutts1, May 16, 2005

  3. WF

    FML Guest

    WF spewed forth...
    Sounds like Windows Update has a new driver for your network card. If it
    didn't install successfully, you should be able to go to Windows Update and
    it should be there for you to install. Why it failed is another question.

    Of course, if your network card is working, why update the driver? As we
    say in Texas: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

    FML, May 16, 2005
  4. WF

    old jon Guest

    That`s darn good advice from Texas. Try to get the files you need from VIA,
    If you do need them. best wishes..J

    old jon, May 16, 2005
  5. WF

    WF Guest

    This is puzzling. I used DriverGuide Toolkit on my machine and it
    tells me no driver upgrades are needed. So the drivers are okay. So if
    it's not the driver what could it be? I know I saw something about the
    Via Ethernet networking adapter on the computers add-remove list, but
    it's no longer there and updates says it can't update it, so
    something's missing. The Windows' update site is totally useless. They
    passed me off to the Via networkand they ran me in circles.

    WF, May 17, 2005