One of my photos in Times Square!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by philo , Dec 14, 2013.

  1. philo

    philo  Guest

    philo , Dec 14, 2013

  2. philo

    Tim Conway Guest

    Tim Conway, Dec 14, 2013

  3. philo

    philo  Guest

    Photographers all too often do not get credit. I don't like that but I'm
    used to it. However I did tell her it was hers.

    Making it to Times Square was a pretty big reward though.

    Interestingly enough, my wife had two of her paintings on a bill board
    this year. She got credit for them too.

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  4. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    Robert Coe, Dec 14, 2013
  5. philo

    David Taylor Guest

    David Taylor, Dec 14, 2013
  6. philo

    philo  Guest

    Thank you here is her Youtube

    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bibi+adell&sm=3

    BTW: Though I am know as a fact it was NY someone pointed out to me that
    I might have been over-bragging as they did not think that was actually
    Times Square...but even if not, to see my photo on a NY bill voard was a
    thrill.

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  7. philo

    philo  Guest

    Thanks and be sure to see my comment elsewhere as it was NY but possibly
    not actually Times Square.

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  8. philo

    philo  Guest

    I am soo embarrassed to say I fell for one of her pranks.

    The only thing I know that's real is she did perform in NY.

    The "billboard' was done by PhotoFonia aargh

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  9. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    : I am soo embarrassed to say I fell for one of her pranks.
    :
    : The only thing I know that's real is she did perform in NY.
    :
    :
    : The "billboard' was done by PhotoFonia aargh

    <chuckle!> Well, at least she liked your picture well enough to go to the
    trouble. I presume you took it when she was in Milwaukee a couple of months
    ago.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 14, 2013
  10. philo

    philo  Guest

    Yes, I took it while she was in Milwaukee and like I said, I told her
    she could do with it as she wished...and she sure did.

    Worse still, /I/ always play jokes on people and laugh at how gullible
    they are...and now I see I am probably the most gullible of them all.

    Good harmless prank though.

    (Someone told me that was Hong Hong anyway.)

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  11. philo

    PeterN Guest

    Yes it is. It must be a great feeling.
    It would have been nice to give you credit.

    PeterN, Dec 14, 2013
  12. philo

    PeterN Guest

    Close enough that you can say it was actually one Times Square. But the
    sign is on the Times Building.

    PeterN, Dec 14, 2013
  13. philo

    philo  Guest

    I am embarrassed to say that Bibi played a joke on all of her Facebook
    friends and the photo was a phony. I honestly fell for it...and am glad
    she did /not/ give me credit for it!

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  14. philo

    philo  Guest

    Bibi scammed me. dang!

    I thought it was for real

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  15. philo

    PeterN Guest

    I have a friend who frequently pranks people. He was at a convention in
    Vegas with a group of my clients. (18 of them.) I was in LA, and decided
    to stop in Vegas on the way home. When I arrived in Vegas I called him
    and asked if he wanted to meet me for dinner. he thought I was pranking
    him and said he would pay for everybody, if I could be there in half an
    hour. You should have seen the look on his face when I appeared. Cost
    him dinner for fifteen at Ruths Chris. :) I really enjoyed that meal.

    PeterN, Dec 14, 2013
  16. philo

    philo  Guest

    Good one!

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  17. philo

    philo  Guest

    I guess she had no idea anyone would have thought it was for real...so
    she just posted the photos with no comments.

    Her page started filling up with congratulations and that's the point
    where I saw it.

    What I did not know was that she simply went off-line after she posted
    and just went back on a few minutes ago.

    She was really confused when she woke up and saw the big commotion!

    In a way, I guess it would be like me posting a photo of myself with a
    big pile of money next to me and saying I just won the lottery. I'd
    assume everyone would know it was a joke.

    philo , Dec 14, 2013
  18. philo

    otter Guest

    LOL. I was going to ask how much that billboard spot cost her. Don't
    think it would be cheap.

    Well, at least you had a picture virtually in Times Square.

    otter, Dec 19, 2013
  19. philo

    Hactar Guest

    HK. Close enough.

    Hactar, Dec 19, 2013
  20. philo

    philo  Guest

    It was a lot of fun while it lasted and about time someone played a good
    prank on me. I'm usually the prankster.

    philo , Dec 22, 2013