    you will without havng the enter the encrypted phrase each time (since I
    setup the encrypted phrase as a 128 bit lenght). I have heard of using a
    profile, but I am not sure how or where it would be setup.

    Guest, Oct 17, 2007

  2. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Edward,

    A WiFi profile is created for you when you run any WiFi Client manager, and
    select a given access point. The WiFi Client manager will walk you through the
    process, showing you a list of available APs, letting you select one, then
    asking you the required questions.

    Different Client managers will have different procedures, and in some cases,
    that's a reason for choosing one manager over another. It's best not to run
    more than one manager at a time though.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Oct 18, 2007

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 18, 2007
  4. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Please consider changing your security to WPA2 or WPA at home at
    least.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP