    clicking the shutter. I couldn't tell what I was photographing.

    The lacy-looking tendrils are where the glue dripped out before I
    squeezed the trigger for a big blob of glue.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 14, 2013

  2. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    Neat attempt. Never wold have thought of using a glue gun. I would play
    with the lighting to modify the shadow. To my eye they are intrusive.
    The monochrome effect is an artist choice. I might have tired it on
    different backgrounds to see what works.

    PeterN, Aug 15, 2013

  3. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I did try it on various surfaces using colored construction paper and
    other things. This was the most interesting result.

    There's no way to control the shape of the glue that falls, so I ended
    up choosing the shot with the most interesting glue pattern rather
    than the background color.

    I don't mind the shadow. This was one of the first shots, and I
    moved the lights around for later shots. Still, this was the best
    pattern of glue.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 15, 2013
  4. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    Yesterday we went on a field trip to find small birds:

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/hummer flying1.jpg>

    PeterN, Aug 15, 2013
  5. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest