One Computer failing to pick up wireless signal, versus the other perfect

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by onmybikedrunk, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. onmybikedrunk

    onmybikedrunk

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have two computers one is an hp and the other a compaq. The compaq always fails to pick up wireless signals while the HP always displays a long list of routers in the area. I am fairly computer literate, however I have NO knowledge on wireless routing. If they are sitting side by side the HP has a great connection to the AP that we share with our neighbors and the the Compaq shows nothing, or if I step outside the Compaq can connect then the signal slowly dwindles to a disconnect. I have tried the following:

    -updating drivers
    -Installing an external pci wireless card, versus using the internal on the Compaq
    -disableing WZC (windows zero connect) and re-enabling it after that didnt make a difference
    -checking all of the advanced configuration properties of both computers to make sure they match up

    NOTHING WORKS! Please help! I'm about to throw the Compaq out the window!

    Thanks
    Danny

    onmybikedrunk, Oct 16, 2007