One computer dominates internet connections

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by John61, Nov 10, 2009.

  1. John61

    John61 Guest

    My ADSL internet comes via phone line. The modem is Siemens SE567 Gigaset
    wireless gateway. I'm using three desktop computers (wired to modem ports)
    and two laptops (wireless). A weird problem always exists: When one of the
    desktop computers is running and connected to internet, no other "new"
    connection on other computers/laptops can be made. I call this computer
    "super machine".

    Before turning on any other machines, I have to unplug the super machine
    from the modem. Otherwise, no internet for others. After the other machines
    turned on and get internet, I can connect super machine back to modem. All
    connections are fine.

    It seems the super machine dominates the modem. It's very annoying. What
    could be the problem? Please help.

    Thank you.

    John

    John61, Nov 10, 2009

  2. John61

    Char Jackson Guest

    Are you running any (DSL) connection manager software on the super
    machine? If so, disable or uninstall it.

    Char Jackson, Nov 10, 2009