One cisco 2621xm can support one NM-1T3/E3 module?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Max, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    I installed a NM-1T3/E3 module in one cisco 2621xm and the "sh ver"
    command seems to show that the router is recognizing it:
    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE
    (fc1)

    Router uptime is 15 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System image file is "flash:c2600-is-mz.122-15.T11.bin"

    cisco 2621XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x301) with 125952K/5120K
    bytes of me
    mory.
    Processor board ID FOC08270Y1J (3675564407)
    M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    2 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    1 Subrate T3/E3 ports(s)
    32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x2102
    But the I cannot configure it.The command "conf t" doesn't provide
    options useful and follow the results of the command "sh int":
    router#conf t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    Router(config)#int ?
    Async Async interface
    BVI Bridge-Group Virtual Interface
    CTunnel CTunnel interface
    Dialer Dialer interface
    FastEthernet FastEthernet IEEE 802.3
    Group-Async Async Group interface
    Loopback Loopback interface
    MFR Multilink Frame Relay bundle interface
    Multilink Multilink-group interface
    Null Null interface
    Port-channel Ethernet Channel of interfaces
    Tunnel Tunnel interface
    Vif PGM Multicast Host interface
    Virtual-Access Virtual Access interface
    Virtual-FrameRelay Virtual Frame Relay interface
    Virtual-Template Virtual Template interface
    Virtual-TokenRing Virtual TokenRing
    range interface range command

    Router#sh int
    FastEthernet0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is AmdFE, address is 0011.92ee.a400 (bia 0011.92ee.a400)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Auto-duplex, Auto Speed, 100BaseTX/FX
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output 00:15:54, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    0 packets input, 0 bytes
    0 watchdog
    7 packets output, 420 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    7 lost carrier, 0 no carrier
    FastEthernet0/1 is administratively down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is AmdFE, address is 0011.92ee.a401 (bia 0011.92ee.a401)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Auto-duplex, Auto Speed, 100BaseTX/FX
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output 00:15:59, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    0 packets input, 0 bytes
    0 watchdog
    7 packets output, 420 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    7 lost carrier, 0 no carrier
    Virtual-Access1 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is Virtual Access interface
    MTU 1492 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Base PPPoE vaccess, loopback not set
    DTR is pulsed for 5 seconds on reset
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:04:43
    Input queue: 0/4096/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output
    drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 carrier transitions
    I unsuccessfully tried to replace the router (I cannot replace the
    module as I have only one) and I tried to digit the following command
    unsuccessfully,so, my question is: by supposing that I'm using the
    right IOS as I believe, there are chances that cisco2621xm is not the
    right chassis for a T3/E3 module?

    Max, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Max

    Jason Burton Guest

    Did you enter in the command "card type t3 <slot number here>"? By
    default IOS won't reconize the card until you put this in.

    Jason Burton, Jan 17, 2005