    to the contents of the files would be sensible, don't you think? That has
    more to do with the number and variety of the files, rather than the total
    size.

    Whiskers, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Whiskers

    beenthere Guest

    www.snapfiles.com/get/SyncBack.html
    Depends on where it is now really.
    If it`s in folders already, you could move them, complete.
    Is it all the same type of data, or a mixture ?.
    For what it`s worth, I use Syncback to keep folders, backed up
    on my External.
    33Gig in one folder seems a bit much, but it`s good to know you`re
    thinking about what your gonna do.

    beenthere, Jun 16, 2006

  3. What he said. Do you store your underwear and your soup and your
    pens and pencils and your books in the same drawer?

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2006
  4. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    You have drawers?

    Whiskers, Jun 16, 2006
  5. Yes I do, however one of the soup cans leaked and now my underwear is
    all tomato-colored...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 16, 2006
  6. This is about his drawers, not mine. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2006
  7. See? That's what you get for being disorganized. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2006
  8. Then I guess you might as well dump them all in one folder. There
    was nothing in your OP that indicated they were all the same kind
    of data.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2006
  9. Whiskers

    Zop Guest

    Shouldn't be any problem for the computer, but might be hell for you to
    find anything.

    Zop, Jun 16, 2006
  10. This would be a good time to categorize. Directories by artist? Album?
    I would not put them in the root directory. At least make a directory
    named "music" or some such.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 16, 2006
  11. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    Presumably not all of the same performance of the same piece. Couldn't
    they be organised by composer, performer, lyricist, venue, or other
    identifying features?

    Whiskers, Jun 17, 2006
  12. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    That rather begs the question 'what's the point of keeping them if you
    don't know what they are?'

    Whiskers, Jun 17, 2006
  13. Your...um...style of organization and it's result reminds me of the time
    I flamed a guy whose milk tongue was...Norwegian, I think. He replied
    that it must be "the time of [my] red pants."

    ;)

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Premenstrual Syndrome: Just before their
    periods women behave the way men do
    all the time. Robert A. Heinlein

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 17, 2006
  14. Whiskers

    Thip Guest

    As long as they're all MP3's, there's nothing to be careful of. However, I
    just don't see the sense in keeping 33 GB of useless files! If these were
    important to you it'd be different. Have you thought of *attempting* to
    organize them in any way? It would be slow and painstaking, but if you
    really want to keep them, it'd be nice to know where to look for a specific
    one.

    Thip, Jun 17, 2006
  15. Whiskers

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Whiskers spewed forth:
    For real! My music folders are the best (and easiest) organized in my
    system.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006