    from the speakers connected to the sound card. Not doing anything like
    downloading , typing or receiving email but still have the one beep with no
    screen warning, no nothing on the monitor. Any ideas?

    ** Frank **, Apr 17, 2007

  2. **    Frank    **

    Pennywise Guest

    That's means everything is ok. It's a function of the POST (BIOS), no
    beep or more than one means problems.
    http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

    Pennywise, Apr 17, 2007

  3. **    Frank    **

    Pennywise Guest

    To elaborate, this one beep I'm referring to will be heard when you
    first turn on your computer.

    Pennywise, Apr 17, 2007
  4. **    Frank    **

    PeeCee Guest

    May be an application 'beep'ing you when the sound card for that event is
    turned off.

    A common one is when email arrives.
    Windows usually 'dings' via the PC's soundcard and speakers, but if the
    sound is turned off it diverts the alert to the motherboard speaker.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Apr 17, 2007
  5. **    Frank    **

    ** Frank ** Guest

    Not that start-up beep. Its a beep after the computer was on for a few
    hours.

    ** Frank **, Apr 17, 2007
  6. **    Frank    **

    ** Frank ** Guest

    Could be but I have no idea what application that would be as the computer
    was idle and don't believe anything was running in the background except for
    the anti-virus program.

    Yes my email has a different chime via the speakers connected to the
    soundcard.

    ** Frank **, Apr 17, 2007