    no sound at all.

    How do I go about setting it up? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Rob

    Boomer Guest

    Hello

    Could you please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
    You are posting from the future.

    For Windows :
    1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
    2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
    3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
    ZONE.
    Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
    4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
    5. Then click OK to save it.

    ~Further information at the site below.~
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Thank You Very Much :)

    P.S. It does not matter if you are living on the far side of the moon.
    Your computer clock/date/time zone is incorrect.

    Boomer, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Rob

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Call the 'technician' and insist on a free fix. You'll get it if they
    stand behind their work and offer any guarantees at all.

    Juan Pérez, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    It's ok Juan, I was able to get the internal sound working. Turns out,
    everything was ok in BIOS, he just forgot to install C-media drivers from
    the ASUS CD.
    But this does give me incentive to learn how to do it myself instead of
    shelling out Cdn$210 total.....$70 of which went to the reinstall phase of
    Windows and the determining that the problem was in fact a 2yr old
    Geforce2MX - 400 that had been fried.

    (Replaced it with a GF4-MX440 from MSI) $65Cdn
    (Replaced my 16x burner from Plextor too) $48Cdn

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Rob

    Magic Guest

    Normally onboard sound is turned on/off in the BIOS.

    Magic, Jan 22, 2004