    drivers etc for the TV card. Would replacing the onboard graphics with the
    AGP graphics card make any difference, or is that a retro step?
    Thanks Ron

    Ronald, May 10, 2005

  2. Ronald

    John Holmes Guest

    Hint:
    d r i v e r s

    John Holmes, May 10, 2005

  3. Ronald

    FML Guest

    Ronald spewed forth...
    Which ATI card? How much on-board memory?

    Typically a stand-alone video card is a better choice.
    On board video usually shares your system RAM and is slower and less
    capable than a stand-alone card.

    You could experiment. Get the drivers for your ATI card from ATI's web
    site, disable your on-board video, drop in the ATI card, install the
    drivers and see how it goes. If your system is less stable/slower, revert
    back to onboard video.

    FML, May 10, 2005