    CdLSRN Guest

    Everyday I get a folder on my desktop "~". Even if I don't use my address book in OE
    6. It pops up anyway. Any cures for this?

    CdLSRN, Feb 4, 2004

  2. CdLSRN

    philo Guest

    just right click on your OE shortcut

    then go to properties
    shortcut

    and where it says start in

    enter : "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express"

    or whatever your appropriate path is

    note: the backup file "~" will still be in your OE folder

    but will at least not clutter up your desktop

    philo, Feb 4, 2004

  3. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    When I tried to do this I receive this message. "Unable to save changes to Outlook
    Express.ink. Access denied".

    CdLSRN, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Make a new shortcut and try it again.

    Another Anonymous, Feb 4, 2004
  5. CdLSRN

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Go to General Properties and unselect ReadOnly

    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 4, 2004
  6. If you open it in Notepad you'll see it's a copy of your address book. It's
    caused by a bug in one of the MS Updates, not sure which one. It's harmless
    but if you install most recent updates it goes away.

    Kenny Cargill, Feb 4, 2004
  7. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    I always install new critical updates, but it doesn't go away

    CdLSRN, Feb 5, 2004
  8. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    Thank you - that worked.