    again but it didn't help. Any ideas.
    Thank you.

    Andrew

    Andy, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Andy

    JAD Guest

    what would have been the cause of the chip being gone?
    Is there any 'other devices' in device manager?
    is there a resource conflict shown?

    JAD, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Andy

    Dave Hull Guest

    As long as there aren't driver conflicts from recently installed devices,
    or some sort of short on the speaker-out side, then it looks like you need
    a call to customer support for a replacement.

    Dave

    Dave Hull, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    I don't know what happen to the chip. I thought the driver became
    corrupted but reinstalling the driver would solve the problem. It
    didn't.
    All of my other devices work correctly, there's never been a conflict.
    I'll send e-mail to Epox.
    Thanks for your responses.

    Andrew

    Andy, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Andy

    Kenny Guest

    Check in BIOS that someone hasn't been fiddling and disabled the onboard
    sound there.

    Kenny, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Andy

    Ralph D. Guest

    Try restarting in Safe-mode and delete everything sound related in device
    manager there, and then do a re-install. I was surprised, after scratching
    my head over a board a while back, to find that there were 4 instances of
    everything AC97 related in 98SE Safe-mode that did not show in regular time.

    Ralph D., Sep 14, 2003