    Tim R Nurmi
    Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
    Please Reply!

    Sellcarz, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Sellcarz

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 15/09/2004 Sellcarz wrote:

    [snipped]
    Google throws up a lot of references, this one goes to driver guide:

    http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/142/142243.htm

    Have you run Aida32 (or similar) to confirm exactly which chip it is?

    Jeff Gaines, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Sellcarz

    Ben Myers Guest

    One thing for sure is that the board uses an Intel chipset, but that says
    nothing about the audio chip. PB did not manufacture the motherboard, that's
    for sure.

    So... What is the BIOS identifier displayed by the motherboard? It's likely to
    be a Phoenix BIOS, rather than Award or AMI. From the BIOS ID, the original
    board manufacturer can be determined, and drivers downloaded from the board
    mfr's web site.

    The other way to go about it is to identify the audio chip by examining the
    motherboard. From there, the "reference" drivers can be found on Crystal's web
    site... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Sellcarz

    metronid Guest

    Your serial number failed a valid search
    Are you saying the sound card is on the Motherboard

    An onboard chip can be pci and soldered
    to the board
    The method of bus integration should not change if it is
    soldered in

    Have you checked
    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/pbmb.htm
    to find out what MB

    metronid, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Sellcarz

    Michael Luko Guest

    I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
    Clark Development hasn't supported PCBoard Bulletin Board Software since
    1997. The support number has been disconnected for many years. :) Seriously
    you may get answers and help to your situation over in one of the hardware
    or sound card newsgroups. PCBoard is a Bulletin Board Software package. This
    news group is alt.bbs.pcboard note the BBS before the pcboard. Alot of
    people mistake this news group for PC board's (hardware). In addition to
    newsgroups many BBS's have conference for hardware. I host a conference in
    the ILink message network called Sound Gear if you want feel free to login
    to my BBS and post your question there. ILink also has a hardware conference
    as well. My telnet address is in my signature block below if you wish to
    make use of those and other hardware related conferences.

    ====> Michael Luko <====
    Sysop, Christian Fellowship BBS (856) 933-7096
    Telnet://cfbbs.dtdns.net or cfbbs.no-ip.com
    Primary Email:
    Backup Email: (text only)

    Michael Luko, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Sellcarz

    Michael Luko Guest

    or sound card newsgroups. PCBoard is a Bulletin Board Software package.
    This
    I forgot to remove all the non alt.bbs.pcboard newsgroups in the
    header before my message was posted. Sorry for the confusion. Only the
    alt.bbs.pcboard news group is intended for the PCboard BBS software.

    Michael Luko, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Sellcarz

    John Duffy Guest

    just a thought; but have you checked the resources the sound card is using?
    (device manager, properties, resources) quite often it's caused by a simple
    conflict that you can get over in bios.

    John Duffy, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Sellcarz

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Sep 16, 2004
  9. Sellcarz

    Sellcarz Guest

    I thank you all for the help. I got it working when I found the original
    drivers discs.

    Sellcarz, Sep 29, 2004