On an American Keyboard, where is the '@' key.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Goonigoogoo, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Goonigoogoo

    Goonigoogoo Guest

    and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and
    its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
    seem to use the @ key (well find it).
    Goonigoogoo, Sep 18, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Goonigoogoo

    Philip SC Guest

    Shift-2 (I think)
    Philip SC, Sep 18, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Goonigoogoo

    bb3 Guest

    bb3, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Goonigoogoo

    Goonigoogoo Guest

    thnx guys
    Goonigoogoo, Sep 18, 2003
  5. Goonigoogoo

    bb3 Guest

    You're welcome.

    bb3, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Goonigoogoo

    Richard Guest

    Was this a trick question thing? The standard american keyboard is the same
    as practically the original typewriter configuration.
    Being so damn bloody necessary on the intermet, you would think that
    manufacturers would make the stupid thing easy enough to find.
    Kind of like Homer Simpson asking "Where's the 'any' key"?
    Richard, Sep 18, 2003
  7. Goonigoogoo

    Goonigoogoo Guest

    No not a trick question, im in the UK, and in UK keyboards the @ key is diff
    to USA keyboards.
    Goonigoogoo, Sep 19, 2003
  8. Goonigoogoo

    Mara Guest

    Pay no attention to him. To answer your question, the @ key is shift+2.
    Mara, Sep 19, 2003
  9. Goonigoogoo

    Barry OGrady Guest

    What is an m eight?

    Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
    Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Sep 19, 2003
  10. Goonigoogoo

    Stevo Guest

    m8, say it fast, run the words together.. you get mate...

    the abbreviated version is popular with those that support that convention
    (if it is indeed a convention).. particularly SMS texters...
    Stevo, Sep 19, 2003
  11. Goonigoogoo

    nemo Guest

    Why doesn't yourr mate change the keyboard to a UK one? To change
    keyboard locale:

    Start->Settings->Control Panel->Keyboard-Input Locales->Add

    and select a English (United Kingdom)


    nemo, Sep 21, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.