    the expensive Pentax "Limited" primes are METAL bodied.

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=32060474

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=32059861

    RichA, Jun 7, 2009

  2. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    That sounds like too much for sure. The lenses will need to cost that
    much each to match.

    But... I really like the compact simple retro shape and tiny lens. I bet
    it's a fake though, the bulky Lumix shown for comparison there is MUCH
    bigger:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=32060474&page=2

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Jun 7, 2009

  3. RichA

    Rich Guest

    That's what simple optical viewfinders or EVFs are for, brain trust.

    Rich, Jun 7, 2009
  4. RichA

    abo mahab Guest

    Earth’s Seven Layers

    Quranic and Prophetic Miracle

    Author: Abdul Daem Al-Kaheel
    Translation: Nassim JamalEddin Dhaher
    Revised by : Magdy Abd Al-Shafy

    I hope you don’t mind receiving my letter. It is short but full
    of information

    When scientists started to probe the valleys of Earth and in order to
    know its structure and constituents,
    they found that tales and myths that dominated in the earlier
    centuries have no scientific basis. After scientists discovered that
    the earth is egg-shaped , they suggested that the core of this ball
    has a nucleus, and its ****l is a very thin crust when compared to the
    Earth’s size, and between these two layers, there is a third, known as
    the mantle . this was the knowledge of the early scientists.
    Development of Scientific Facts
    The Three Layer -Theory did not last for so long due to recent
    discoveries in Geology. Recent measurements and experiments showed
    that the material comprising the nucleus of the Earth is under very
    high pressure, three million times more than that on the surface of
    the Earth.
    Under such pressure, matter transforms into solid state, this in turn
    makes Earth’s core very solid,This core is surrounded by a liquid
    layer of very high temperature. This means that there are two layers
    in Earth’s core and not one.Two layers; one solid in the center
    surrounded by another liquid layer.
    Thereafter measuring devices advanced and presented to scientists a
    clear distinction among Earth’s inner layers. If we were to descend
    under the earth’s crust we would find another layer of very hot
    stones , which is the stone cover or wrap. After that come three other
    distinct layers of varying density, pressure and temperature.
    Therefore scientists found themselves classifying the layers of Earth
    into seven layers, not more. The figure shows these layers with their
    dimensions (some are out of scale) according to what scientists have
    recently found using methods like earthquake measuring devices and the
    study of Earth’s magnetic field, among other techniques. These studies
    and discoveries are being taught to these scientists’ students in
    universities.

    Figure showing Earth’s seven layers, notice that the crust is very
    thin followed by mantle of varying thickness, then came the core
    comprised of a liquid and finally a seventh solid nucleus.
    Scientists have found that the atom is also comprised of seven layers
    or levels, and this proves the uniformity of creation, where Earth has
    seven layers and atoms have seven layers as well. This creation
    therefore is ruled by only one creator.
    Earth’s seven layers vary greatly in structure, density, temperature
    and material. Therefore one cannot consider that Earth has only one
    layer as people anciently thought. Here we find that the idea of the
    Earth having layers is fairly recent and wasn’t presented or brought
    forward at the time when the Quran was being revealed. Those
    discoveries are what the Twenty First century -scientists tell us,
    What then does the book of Allah tell us?
    In the Company of the Noble Quran
    The Holy Quran, God’s word , talks to us about the seven Heavens and
    also seven layers of Earth in the Quranic verses:
    God says in the Holy Quran in this regard what means “Who has created
    the seven heavens one above another…” [Al-Mulk 3]
    God says in the Holy Quran in this regard what means “It is Allah Who
    has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof
    (i.e. seven).” [Attalaq 12]
    The first verse has specified two traits for the heavens which are:
    their number which is seven, their organization, which is into
    layers , one on the of top of the other and this is according to the
    Quranic interpretation books and Arabic language dictionaries. As for
    the second verse, it confirms that Earth is similar to the Heavens
    from the part of the verse that says “…and of the earth the like
    thereof”, where since the Heavens are layers, then Earth is comprised
    of layers as well, and since the Heavens are seven, therefore Earth’s
    layers are seven as well.
    Here we need to pause and elaborate on Allah’s choice of words in the
    word: “Tibaqa” – which means layers one on top of another, and this is
    what scientists have recently discovered that Earth is comprised of
    layers, this in turn leads us to conclude that Al-Qur`an defined
    Earth’s shape, of layers, and it (Al-Quran) has also specified the
    number of these layers, seven. Henceforth Al-Qur`an chose a very
    specific word to describe Earth’s composition, so Al-Qur`an preceded
    the Twenty First Century scientists in mentioning Earths facts
    fourteen centuries ago. Isn’t this an overwhelming
    ?Quranic miracle

    If we contemplate 0n the Noble Prophet’s (peace and blessings be upon
    him) Hadeeth (sayings), we find one Hadeeth that confirms this fact of
    Earth’s seven overlapping layers. Prophet Mohammad (peace and
    blessings be upon him) says: “whomever oppressed someone a hand span’s
    distance from the Earth, gets surrounded by seven overlapping
    layers”[Bukhari 2321], the Hadeeth is telling us that Allah will
    punish those who oppress in Earth by being encircled and surrounded by
    seven Earthly layers. This definition for the word “Tawaqa” that was
    used in the Hadeeth is as found in Arabic Language Dictionaries.
    The question here is: Isn’t this a great prophetic miracle? doesn’t
    this Hadeeth specify the number of Earth’s layers which are seven, and
    also mentions their nature of being overlapped or surrounding each
    other?From the word encircled used in the Hadeeth, we can deduce
    circular shapes and in three dimensions we can deduce spherical
    shapes.
    Henceforth The Noble Qur’an and Prophetic Sunnah (traditions of the
    Prophet) preceded modern science to this scientific fact. In addition
    Al-Qur’an gave us the precise naming for the structure of Earth using
    the word “Tibaqa” or layers, and it has given us the accurate number
    for these layers which is seven, while scientists spent long years and
    changed their theories several times to come up with scientific
    theories previously mentioned in The Quran and Sunnah. Glory be to
    Allah the Greatest who said in his exalted book: “And on the earth are
    signs for those who have Faith with certainty, And also in your
    ownselves. Will you not then see?” [Athariyat, 20,21]

    For more information about Islam
    http://english.islamway.com/
    http://www.islamhouse.com/
    http://www.discoverislam.com/
    http://www.islambasics.com/index.php
    http://english.islamway.com/
    http://www.islamtoday.net/english/
    http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/MainPage/indexe.php
    http://www.sultan.org/
    http://www.islamonline.net/
    Contact Us At

    This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 at 3:56 am and
    is filed under ÇáÅÚÌÇÒ ÇáÚáãì Ýì ÇáÞÑÁÇä æÇáÓäÉ. You can follow any
    response, or trackback from your own site.

    abo mahab, Jun 8, 2009
  5. RichA

    Steven Wandy Guest

    But most OVF on small P&S cameras are pretty useless (and that's being
    polite).

    Steven Wandy, Jun 8, 2009
  6. RichA

    Pete D Guest

    And most EVFs are bloody awful.

    Pete D, Jun 8, 2009
  7. RichA

    Rich Guest

    Except the ones in the G1 and GH1 are BETTER than the cheap optical
    viewfinders in the 4/3rds cameras, if focusing manually is your goal.

    Rich, Jun 9, 2009
  8. RichA

    Rich Guest

    Selling only to women, soccer moms who don't know a thing about
    cameras or photography?

    Rich, Jun 9, 2009