Olympus throws in the towel....on quality

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rich, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Jan 27, 2007

  2. A sensible person might wait for the review.

    Oh, wait, it is a Rich post..

    (backs out of room...)

    mark.thomas.7, Jan 27, 2007

  3. Rich

    Cynicor Guest

    15 fps burst rate? What does it do, just take 640x480 video and throw
    out every second frame?

    Cynicor, Jan 27, 2007
  4. Rich

    ASAAR Guest

    Do I have to pre-read these things for you? <g> Actually,
    there's some imPressive Press release info. Burst mode captures up
    to 20 1.2mp images at 15fps and up to 15 3mp images at 7fps. Only 7
    full sized 7mp images at 1.2fps. I don't count on its ISO 5000
    being able to produce anything but *bad* images, but maybe that
    means that when used at ISO 800 they'll be useful.

    ASAAR, Jan 27, 2007
  5. Not terribly impressive spec wise, but I am not sure it's worth a
    vicious attack off specs alone.

    I do wish it appeared to have the same level of build quality as
    the old C-5050, but still, it may end up being a bit of a
    suprise.

    But it would have to be pretty good to beat out the Canon S3

    Paul D. Sullivan, Jan 27, 2007
  6. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Baaaaahhhhhhh! I wanna go to Walmart and get the new Olympus!!!

    Rich, Jan 28, 2007